How Meditation Can Help with Anxiety
Meditation is the ability to quiet the mind while providing natural healing benefits for all types of mental, physical and emotional health. 90% of people will suffer from anxiety at some point in their life. An estimated 6.8 million Americans have Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) which is a chronic condition they can’t shut off. If you have chronic anxiety, even the smallest thing can trigger an episode. Anxiety is provoked by racing thoughts that won’t go away. Anxiety will cause you to find yourself with fearful thoughts about finances, family, your health, and what’s happening at work. In general, anxiety can be defined as living in the future.
How To Fight Anxiety:
Numerous scientific studies have found meditation to be effective for treating anxiety. The overall conclusion is that by practicing mindfulness or meditation , the change in your brain produces beneficial results, with substantial improvement.
Meditation helps fight anxiety by quieting the overactive mind. Instead of buying into your fearful thoughts, you can start identifying with the silence that exists between every mental action. The key to releasing anxiety is to be in present moment awareness.
There are numerous ways you can deal with anxiety, besides taking medication.
5 self care tips in reducing anxiety:
- Regular meditation allows your brain to develop new pathways instead of the old worry grooves. The Loving Kindness Meditation CD is a good tool to use for this.
- Walking meditation is a good way to get exercise and reap the benefits of focusing only on the enjoyment of walking and clearing the mind.
- Conscious breathe counting slows down the mind to a place of peace and harmony.
- Balance diet can assist in evening out any anxiety caused by improper diet such as to much sugar.
- Exercise can help to place your mind on being healthy and away from fears and worry.
These simple self-care tools will help move you away from the worries of the future and into the joy of the present moment.