Author: MSI Wellness and Healing Center
Feng Shui Guidelines For Your Home, Office or Business
The Beautiful and Ancient System of Feng Shui has helped people harness universal forces and lead lives rich in good health, wealth and happiness.
Feng Shui practice can be applied to almost every facet of the living and working condition. It has to do with enhancing the energies of the surrounding environment as well as the immediate living and working space. It functions on the premise that if one lives- breathes, sleeps, sits, eats, and works – surrounded by healthy, vibrant energy, then one will be enveloped by an aura of good vibrations that attract excellent or healthy success. On the other hand, if one is shrouded by bad energy or constrictive energy, the environment brings constrictive or unhealthy outcomes.
10 Feng Shui Guidelines For Your Home, Office or Business
- Create a separation between the entrance foyer and the rest of the interior space. Transition time is needed from the exterior world into our homes.
- Provide clear-cut pathways both within each room and from room to room. Distinct passageways make one fell secure.
- Represent nature in your home with the five elements; water, fire, metal, wood, earth. These remind us of our connection to the whole earth and they nurture a sense of well-being.
- Have important seating areas in your home facing windows that look east or south. Sunlight promotes optimism.
- Arrange your bed so that you can see any person who enters the room without having to turn your head more than 45 degrees. You do not want to be startled when you are trying to relax.
- Furnish your home with both yin lines (curved) and yang lines (straight). A combination of masculine and feminine lines will create balance.
- Make provisions for both intense and soft lighting with in each room. Lighting can create appropriate atmospheres.
- Separate the food preparation area from the front door. Kitchens too close to the front door invite overindulgence.
- Use high chi colors like red, purple, fuchsia and russet judiciously in conversation areas. These colors can excite, aggravate and energize.
- Keep your home in optimum condition. Your home’s health mirrors your own.
Negative energy can linger anywhere – curtains, clothes, and people. Here is a perfect way to clear the icky feeling from whatever it is. Also perfect to play in your child’s room (or in a family/conference room) while they are away.
Continue to keep the energy in your home, office or children’s room clean, clear and positive by using the:
FUN IN THE SUN | Vitamin D
As summer is fast approaching, I thought it would be a good idea to talk about a semi-controversial subject….the sun! Worshiped by Aztecs and later by extreme tanning
enthusiasts, the glowing orb that fuels our little planets energy systems, is a vital part of
the human body’s well being.
I am not advocating exposing yourself continuously to the harsh UV rays of the sun until
your skin is either burnt to a crisp or cured as a leather, but what I am saying is that
sunlight in moderation is not only good for you, but necessary for optimal well-being.
How UVB Rays Are Good For You:
The UVB rays in the sun (the very same rays that cause sunburn) cause the body to
synthesize a certain chemical, that is present in the skin, into Vitamin D. Vitamin D
actually works in the body as a hormone. It helps the body with the absorption of
calcium and phosphorus. Vitamin D also helps protect the body from autoimmune and
certain female organ cancers. It also helps with mood regulation, one of the reasons
people often suffer from SADD is due to the lack of sunlight in the winter months.
Ways To Get Your Daily Vitamin D:
While there are many factors that prevent people from getting the vitamin D necessary
from the sun alone (sunscreen, fully covered in clothing, smog, etc), it is important to
accept this simple gift mother nature has to offer and try to spend 15 min a day in the
unfiltered light. For any deficiencies of vitamin D, there are lots of fortified foods and
supplements. If you are worried that you may be deficient in vitamin D, you can always
ask your doctor for a simple blood test to find out.
Upcoming Class: Intuitive Eating and Cravings July 26th Sunday 10-11:30am
Register early to receive 25% off https://msi-healing.com/event-
About the Author:
Leslie Kemp, CHHC. I have been actively involved in the health and wellness industry for over 15 years. I graduated from The Desert Institute of the Healing Arts in 2000 as a massage therapist. This journey led me to also study aromatherapy, Thai bodywork, and Reiki. In my quest for studying and sharing healing modalities the missing component in my tool belt seemed obvious. Hippocrates said it best, “Let food be they medicine and medicine be thy food.” So I attended the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. During my training, I studied over 100 different dietary theories, practical lifestyle management techniques, and innovative coaching methods with some of the world’s top health and wellness experts.
I am a member of The International Association for Health Coaches. In my practice, I work with women who have lost their spark to help them get their sass back by empowering them to make lifestyle choices that will allow them to thrive.
How To Help A Loved One During Transition
The loving healing energy of the Reiki Symbols has assisted in the healing process of the mind body spirit for years. Reiki Phowa teachings are a beautiful use of the Reiki Principals and Symbols to assist others in the process of transitioning from this physical lifetime. As Reiki Symbols bring peace and serenity to the spirit, a Reiki Phowa session is used to assist someone in the process of their transitioning or someone who has already transitioned. Reiki Phowa will assist in elevating the essence of one’s spirit allowing for the process of transitioning to be an experience which is lovingly peaceful with less resistance.
When you touch someone’s life – it is a privilege.
When you touch someone’s heart – it is a blessing.
When you touch someone’s mind – it is an honor.
When you touch someone’s soul – it is a triumph.
When you touch someone’s spirit – it is a miracle.
Dr Jeff Mullan
Next Reiki Phowa Course In Illinois:
Reiki Phowa taught by Chuck Killman opens opportunities to assist in one of the most sacred processes we as human beings experience. These teachings are offered in a one day training on February 27 Saturday 10am -3pm.
The 4 types of situations where Reiki Phowa can assist are:
- Someone currently undergoing the physical death process
- Someone who has physically transitioned (regardless of passage of time)
- Someone who has asked for help in preparing before the time of death
- Someone who experienced the death process in an accident or abrupt event
It is an Honor to share the journey in the sacred process of transitioning. Reiki Phowa teachings assist in supporting our human spirit through a transition or event in life that can be stressful, although is one of the most sacred.