How to Perform Oil Pulling with Benefits
For the past two years, we here at MSI Wellness Center have been teaching oil pulling in the Native American perspective. Oil pulling is a traditional folk remedy where oil is swished or held in the mouth. Literature states oil pulling is capable of improving oral and systemic health, including a benefit in many conditions and ailments both physical and emotional.
The Benefits of Oil Pulling:
- Extracts toxins and pathogens through the tongue.
- Through the process of mixing the saliva through the oil, oil pulling facilitates a baseline of dental and GI good health.
- Teaches us good self-care in the morning.
- Helps facilitate brighter teeth (make sure to brush with peroxide).
- For viruses and colds oil pulling helps facilitate a faster rate of healing. Stay tuned for a viral variation of oil-pulling!
- Balances the PH balance which our body needs to increase and maintain good health (Acid Alkaline Balance is needed to fight off cancers).
- Helps with cavities.
Guided Steps To Oil Pulling:
Step 1: Provide yourself at least 20 minutes in the morning.
Step 2: After meditation or some form of peaceful intention in the morning, use 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil and swish but do not swallow.
Step 3: Swish. Thus the term pulling: as you swish in the teeth you are actually pulling toxins from your teeth but also from the GI tract through the membranes in the tongue. You can do this in the shower. As you swish, you set an intention for your body by mindfully using internal affirmations of releasing toxins harmoniously and gently for a period of 5-10 minutes.
Step 4: Expel it into a plastic bag. If you are spitting it out in the sink basin, spray the basin with a non-chemical cleaner to break down the oil.
Step 5: Use a toothpaste that has Myr Xylitol and peppermint and coQ 10 with Zinc and brush your teeth. Click here for some examples on Amazon.com
Step 6: Take a small cup of spring water and place 1-2 drops of liquid mineral –which you can purchase at your trusted Vitamin Shop. Trace Minerals reinforce strength in your gums.
Step 7: Set an intention for the day about joy, health and happiness.