In this season of thankfulness, it is important to take a step back, look at your life, actions and mindset to consider how you can increase your personal gratitude and happiness. Gratitude is possessing the ability to recognize the sources of goodness and to return to that source with kindness.
Benefits of Gratitude:
- Helps us focus on what we already have instead of what we lack
- Reduces Stress
- Provides contentment which comes from being thankful for what you have
- Produces healthier mind and body
5 Ways To Possess Gratitude:
- Keep a Gratitude Journal each day. At the start of your day, write down one thing you are grateful for. This will help you begin your day with positive intentions.
- Give, Give, Give. Donate to charity. Give your time or money. By giving of yourself you will become grateful for all you have and also for all you are able to do for others in need.
- Smile and genuinely thank people for compliments. Taking a compliment can be difficult for some. Make sure to really listen when someone pays you a compliment, take it in and thank them in sincerity. Later, you can reflect on that compliment and return the favor to that person with a genuine compliment towards them!
- Meditate. Take time out of your day to meditate. This will help to keep focus and perspective on the good and calm.
- Find value in the negative. Remember, there is always positive even in the most unfortunate situations. Locate the positive and your gratitude will appear!
The word Gratitude is truly a verb, meaning it is a practice. It needs cultivating and is always developing. Begin today by sharing this blog with those your are grateful for having in your life!