How to Heal Anxiety and Panic
What are panic attacks? Panic Attacks are periods of intense fear or apprehension that are of sudden onsetand of variable duration from minutes to hours. Panic attacks usually begin abruptly, may reach a peak within 10 minutes, but may continue for much longer if the sufferer had the attack triggered by a situation from which they are not able to escape.
A panic attack is a response of the sympathetic nervous system (SNS)
How can you begin to heal from having anxiety?
Frontal Lobe – Take good care of your frontal lobe. Nutrition, food, positive thoughts, clean spring water, live organic food, exercise, vitamins. Sleep, relaxing time, laughter, yoga, meditation
Positive Thoughts – When you have a successful event, this actually builds more positive neurons and healthy solutions in the brain an example is dopamine and gaba ( which are solutions the brain produces to promote peacefulness within the brain. The brain needs to maintain healthy brain homeostasis. Successful accomplishments actually build more opportunities for more successful outcomes.
Clean Spring Water – This is important to keep the brain hydrated and the body uses the water to flush toxins out of the system and feed the body appropriately
Live organic food – Our bodies thrive and energetically respond much better to organic food. One reason why this because it has lots of nutrients without the chemical pesticides. Another reason is organic food has good portions of all the seasons within its system.
Meditation is always a wonderful way to calm the central nervous system. If you start your day with this simple ten minute meditation when faced with stressful situations you can remember how to connect with an expansive breath. Click here for information on the Timelessness Meditation CD (10min)
How to Prepare for the Fall Equinox
What is Autumn/Fall Equinox:
The Autumn Equinox is the day in which we switch seasons from summer to fall. Fall equinox is when day and night are the same length of time signaling a significant time of balance.
As we wrap up the remaining time of the calendar, we see this as a powerful gateway into the final months of the year. It is common to utilize this time to reflect and plan on what you’d like to accomplish in the upcoming year.
5 Ways to Prepare for the Fall Equinox:
- Time to harvest- and gather for the winter. Both literally and figuratively. Harvest what makes you happy, feel loved and safe.
- Improve your health with balanced eating habits and exercise. Remember that mental health is so very important. Say empowering things to yourself every morning and remind yourself of what you accomplished every night.
- Fall is a time to turn your home into a calm place- more time indoors than outdoors. This is a perfect time to get those projects done around the house to come winter you can look around and smile. Read our blog on 5 Unique Techniques for Space Clearing.
- Time to meditate. Summer days are often filled with activities which sometimes take us away from our spiritual practices. Revisit your meditation practices and remember they don’t always have to be like pinterest shows. Lay down and listen to the loving kindness meditation – it’s ok if you fall asleep 🙂
- Use the energy you gained from the summer solstice to regain focus on your goals, what is truly important for you and draw a line in the sand to mark out what you don’t want in your life. The change of season is perfect time reevaluate your lifestyle and make positive changes.
What Is Reiki and how can it Reduce Stress?
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese style of hands-on healing, using healing energy and beautiful Reiki Healing Symbols. Reiki is a technique for stress reduction and relaxation that allows anyone to improve health and enhance the quality of life.
Reiki is increasingly offered in hospital, hospice, and private practice settings, applied to a variety of illnesses and conditions. Those who receive such treatments report relief of symptoms from numerous health challenges, including mental health issues. Research shows that reiki primarily helps in the reduction of stress, anxiety and depression, as well as relief of chronic pain — the last of which can bring on anxiety and depression, or make episodes worse on.
3 Ways Reiki Reduces Stress:
- Reiki utilizes the 5 basic Reiki Principles:
- Just for today, I shall not worry.
- Just for today, I shall do my work honestly.
- Just for today, I will not anger.
- Honor your parents, teachers and elders.
- Show gratitude to every thing.
- Reiki is always beneficial and works to improve the effectiveness of all other types of therapy. A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance and has many benefits for both client and practitioner.
- Reiki will improve the results of all medical treatment, acting to reduce negative side effects, shorten healing time, reduce or eliminate pain, reduce stress, and help create optimism.
According to the International Association of Reiki Professionals (IARP), “Reiki is a subtle and effective form of energy healing using spiritually guided life force energy… Practiced in every country of the world.” While often considered to be spiritual in nature, Reiki is not “affiliated with any particular religion or religious practice.”
The secret art of inviting happiness
The miraculous medicine of all diseases
Just for today, do not anger
Do not worry and be filled with gratitude
Devote yourself to your work. Be kind to people.
Every morning and evening, join your hands in prayer.
Pray these words to your heart
and chant these words with your mouth
Usui Reiki Treatment for the improvement of body and mind
The founder , Usui Mikao
Easy Steps To Start Meditating
Here are ways to make meditation simple.
Everyone says how beneficial meditation is, but either finding a place to start or even the time to start is often the first road block. We wanted to share with you some simple, realistic ways to make meditation a part of your life and, in turn, experience the wonderful benefits.
Meditation originally was meant to help deepen understanding of the sacred and mystical forces of life. These days, meditation is commonly used for relaxation and stress reduction.
What are the benefits of meditation?
The emotional benefits of meditation can include:
- Gaining a new perspective on stressful situations
- Building skills to manage your stress
- Increasing self-awareness
- Focusing on the present
- Reducing negative emotions
Some research suggests that meditation may help people manage symptoms of conditions such as:
- Anxiety disorders
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Sleep problems
Easy Steps To Start Meditating.
- Instead of thinking about your next event or facebook update, start to mind map your meditation, such as: the time of the day, place, and type of meditation.
- Pick a place where you know you won’t be interrupted by someone, your phone, or general technology. As much as sitting outside at the beach or the park sounds inviting, at the beginning, possibly pick a place in your home where you can maybe close the door. Save the outside for when you can focus completely on your meditation.
- When you pick a time, tell yourself you don’t have to stick with that time forever. The optimal time of the day is what is best for your schedule. It’s recommended to start your day with meditation so that you can continuously go back to that place with which you started your day. Just breathe
- A perfect meditation with which to start is a guided meditation. What is a guided meditation? A guided meditation is one that you listen to and follow along. The narrator will guide you with their words to help you breathe, visualize, and meditate. Click here for a free meditation – Loving Kindness Meditation. This is a 27 minute meditation designed for stress relief. If the length of this meditation is too long, start with the Timelessness Meditation. This is a perfect 10-minute guided meditation for connecting with your expansive breathe.
So now you know a little bit of the history, the reasons why to meditate, and some simple steps to making meditation a part of your life. Also, you don’t need to sit up, fancy yoga clothes, or a meditation altar. Start with just your time, place, and meditation. Once you start and create that connection with having an expansive breathe and calmness, you will want to stick with it. Don’t worry if a couple of days pass and you haven’t had time. Always know that it is there for you and all you have to do is pick a place and a time, and meditate.
We offer a free open to the public meditation every Friday at 6:30pm. The Loving Kindness Meditation has been offered for over 14 years on the North Shore in Evanston, Illinois. You are always welcome to walk in, no reservations required, and you don’t need to bring anything nor wear special attire. It’s a wonderful day to end the week and start your weekend. We would love to see you. MSI Wellness Center 2153 Ashland Ave Suite 3 Evanston IL 60201. Call for details 847-866-0505.
5 Ways To Create Peace of Mind
What does it mean to have peace of mind?
This is a very individualized question. Peace of mind is when you are free from the burdens that exist in everyday life. Sure, the trials and tribulations may still present themselves, but when you are experiencing peace, these burdens have no effect on you. Peace of mind comes from various sources. In order to have peace of mind, you must first be responsible to do what you know is right.
Here are 5 ways to create peace of mind:
- Wish Good Things For Yourself
- Send a Prayer to Someone
- Take a walk and Send Blessings to Mother Earth
- Learn to Trust Yourself
- Express Gratitude
How can meditation bring peace of mind?
Meditation releases the stresses that are accumulated in our mind and leaves it fresh and clear. It brings the mind to the present moment. Will we feel like smiling in two hours? We can only plan for it. But, we can smile NOW. That is in our hands. Any action is possible only in the present moment. When we act with complete awareness of our current state and when the mind is totally attentive to the moment: the action is perfect and mistakes do not happen.
The floor is yours…
What’s gives you peace of mind when times are tough and stressful? Please leave a comment below and let us know.