The Benefits of Reiki for Children
Parents, caregivers and professionals can utilize Reiki techniques and it’s wonderful healing powers to assist children and family members. This is a great way to support our children on their life’s journey with helpful self care applications.
Reiki is a Tibetan style of hands-on healing, using healing energy and beautiful Reiki Healing Symbols. Reiki is a technique for stress reduction and relaxation that allows anyone to improve health and enhance the quality of life
Reiki is a wonderful tool to help children experience a calmer and peaceful world. Reiki is a perfect way to begin helping our children to apply calming coping skills. It’s one of the very beneficial ways that children can use their innate abilities to promote peacefulness.
Benefits of using Reiki with children include:
- Coping Techniques for Self Esteem
- Healthy Coping Skills
- School Stress and children with special needs
- Relieves TMJ and Headaches
- Relieve Anxiety, Fear, Low Self
- Helps Kids who have Suffered a Loss
- Sleep Time & Relieving Bad Dreams
Sunlight Therapy and Treatment of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Sun light and light therapy can help boost our mental well being during the winter seasons.
The benefits of Sunlight:
Did you know… that during the winter seasons we can benefit from being in more sunlight? Sunlight makes us feel better, more energized and provides our bodies with a good source of vitamin D and vitamin K. Studies have shown both vitamins D and K help fight off viruses, toxins and disease during the winter seasons. The front desk at the center has a light box that we use during the months of December thru February. We truly enjoy how it energizes and gives a boost to our staff and clients during the winter season.
What is S.A.D. and The Winter Blues?
According to a recent report published by the Canadian Consensus Group for the Treatment of Seasonal Affective Disorder, SAD is conservatively estimated to occur in up to 3% of the Canadian population, and 1% of the US. For recent population figures, that means as many as 3 million Americans and 900,000 Canadians suffer from SAD.
The number of people, however, who experience the Winter Blues is much greater. A recent estimate suggests eleven times as many people suffer from the Winter Blues as are diagnosed with SAD. Women are at least twice as likely to have SAD as men.
Who can benefit from light therapy?
You can benefit from using a bright light system if you experience any combination of the following symptoms during the winter months:
- Feeling down
- Loss of energy or fatigue
- Difficulty getting up in the morning or excessive sleeping
- Social withdrawal
- Cravings for carbohydrates and weight gain
- You may also benefit from using a light if you are a shift worker, or frequent flyer.
Since the first controlled light therapy study in 1984, there have been more than 60 controlled studies published by researchers around the world. Experts are now confident that bright lights work for the majority of people with SAD. (Response rates of 60% to 90% have been shown).
Have a Great and Sunny Day!
Holiday Festival of Lights
We are Celebrating the Holidays with Friendship and Laughter.
Wonderful mystical readings and pampering experiences awaits you at our annual Holiday open house. Bring a friend and have some fun !!! Enjoy the Holidays with Us on December 7th Saturday 11am – 3pm. Enjoy a Delicious Cup of Hot Chocolate with Us and …
* 2 Free Card Readings – Angel cards, Totem Animal Cards, Oracle Cards
* Chair Massage and Reflexology
* Earth Friendly Gift Items
* Crystals and Healing Stones
* Handmade gifts from local artisans
* Janet Berres Tarot Card Reader and Author
* Rivian Wolf Aura Photos
* Dawn Silver Astrologer and Crystal Healer
Gifts from the Spirit Not from the Factory
First 50 people will receive a MSI gift card for MSI product
purchases on the first floor. On the day of the event only.
Special Closing Ceremony facilitated by
Billie Topa Tate to set your intention for the New Year at 3:00pm
Modern Mystics Travel Guide
How to transform your hotel room into a spiritual space
When traveling it’s important for the modern mystic to create a sacred space where ever he or she goes. What is a mystic? One in the pursuit of communion with, identity with, or conscious awareness of an ultimate reality, divinity or spiritual truth through direct experience, intuition, instinct or insight.
While a mystic is traveling transforming the space can be tricky. Here are some tips to creating a sacred space.
- Pack several soft colored scarves such as pastels. These will come in handy to be placed on LARGE MIRRORS in the bed area of your hotel room. Mirrors reflect light, which is an active energy. You want the space where you sleep to be still, and therefore, restful. If you find large mirrors in the bed area of your hotel room, place a scarf over it.
- Keep the bathroom door closed or ajar, if there is a direct view into the bathroom from the bed in your hotel room. Also, remember to close the lid to keep germs from spreading 6 feet in every direction when flushing the toilet.
- Create a traveling meditation altar. This would contain some of your treasures from home some examples are; photo of loved ones, clearing spray*, candle, meditation you enjoy, smudge or crystal and flower essences. Items that you feel will transform the place you are sleeping into a sacred space.
*Happiness Spray. Is used to infuse the space or one’s self with joy and serenity. A blend of organic honeysuckle and plant enzymes. Spray it on linens, yourself or keep a bottle in the car. On Sale Now!
What is Mercury Retrograde?
Valuable information to know during mercury retrograde
At several points throughout the year most of us will be bombarded with the chaotic effects of Mercury in retrograde. Mercury is a planet which governs all transportation and communication issues. Mercury is not an emotional planet, but rather a highly objective, truth-seeking one. It rules intelligence, education and truth. When it is in retrograde, some of its power is held back.
When Mercury starts turning in an apparent backward motion, we will start to feel the effects of this event days or even as far as two weeks earlier. When the planet normalizes we will see the tempo of events pick up in our lives as the planet becomes “stationary” and then speeds forward.
What happens when Mercury retrogrades?
- You miss appointments
- Your computer equipment crashes
- Checks get lost
- There will be countless delays, cancellations and postponements
But know these will benefit you in the long run. Don’t fight them, although your frustration level and feeling of restlessness will be hard to cope with at times.
All machinery and things with moving parts–such as
- Camera equipment
- Garbage disposals, and so forth
Will reveal any weak links now. It is critical that you back up your data system and be more careful and vigilant than ever. Projects will demand more time and money than anticipated this month.
Why would the Universe give us Mercury retrograde?
Because to move forward it is sometimes necessary to backtrack and reconfigure our paths in life. It is important to reconsider, repair, reflect, and reconnect. Mercury forces us to slow down and fix what’s broken, and in so doing, rethink things. It also gives us time to get to projects we have put on the back-burner.
Some activities are lucky or actually improve when Mercury retrogrades. You are likely to bump into old friends that you haven’t seen in years. Adopted children tend to find their birth parents during Mercury retrograde periods, or people locate their long lost siblings. Prosecutors often find clues to crimes that had previously remained unsolved for years.
Stay strong, positive and stand in your power. Share smiles and laughter during times of retrograde and know that this is a time of learning and not punishment. Share this with friends and loved ones who are experiencing the effects of mercury in retrograde.